Office of Global Diversity and Inclusion
The Office of Global Diversity & Inclusion includes the Office of Equity & Compliance and the Diversity Advocacy Office.
The Office of Global Diversity & Inclusion’s mission is to create a positive campus climate that celebrates diversity, builds partnerships, promotes equity, and supports the entire campus community.
The Office of Global Diversity & Inclusion‘s vision is to promote the value diversity brings to the campus by helping to create an inclusive and culturally respectful university environment.
Diversity Action Plan Objectives:
- Produce graduates who can be leaders in a global community.
- Ensure that diversity is incorporated into the curriculum.
- Create an environment that is welcoming, inclusive and diverse.
- Create more robust communication channels to bring the world to the campus and the campus to the world.
- Endorse a cultural competency training plan campus wide.
- Recruit and retain diverse faculty & staff.
- Recruit and retain a greater number of historically underrepresented, underserved and international students.
- Develop and support relationships with community, alumni and other partners.
For more detailed information about our functions, anti-discrimination policies, sexual harassment policy and complaint procedures, contact our office by phone at 503-725-5919, TTY 503-725-6503. The Office of Global Diversity & Inclusion is located in the Market Center Building, Suite 830. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.