Nohad A. Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning
350 Urban Center
- B.A., B.S.—Community Development
- Minor in Community Development
- Minor in Real Estate Development
- Minor in Sustainable Urban Development
- Graduate Certificate in Real Estate Development
- Graduate Certificate in Transportation
- Graduate Certificate in Urban Design
- MRED—Master of Real Estate Development
- M.U.R.P. – Master of Urban and Regional Planning
- M.U.S. – Master of Urban Studies
- Ph.D. – Urban Studies, Urban Studies: Regional Science
The Toulan School of Urban Studies and Planning provides an interdisciplinary approach to understanding urban places. The school’s programs are structured to allow students living or working in the Portland metropolitan area to take advantage of the broad range of resources available at Portland State University and in the community.
Undergraduates can major in community development or complement their bachelor’s degree in another field by concurrently meeting the curricular requirements for a minor in community development, real estate development or sustainable urban development. Students interested in developing professional planning skills may pursue a Master of Urban and Regional Planning. The M.U.R.P. degree is fully accredited by the Planning Accreditation Board. Interest in developing urban research capabilities may be pursued through a Master of Urban Studies. Individuals desiring higher levels of research skills and/or academic employment may choose the Ph.D. in urban studies.