Electrical and Computer Engineering
1900 SW Fourth Ave., Suite 160
- B.S.—Computer Engineering
- B.S.—Electrical Engineering
- Minor in Electrical Engineering
- M.S.—Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Ph.D.—Electrical and Computer Engineering
Mission, Vision & Values
We prepare students for successful engineering careers and lifelong learning, and we conduct research that creates new technologies and engineering knowledge.
Our vision is to be a source of premier electrical and computer engineering talent and high-impact research. This means our graduates are successful, our research is recognized worldwide, and we are the intellectual center for our discipline in the Portland region.
- The success of our graduates
- Contributions to research and knowledge creation
- High intellectual and ethical standards
- High quality education for traditional and nontraditional students
- A diverse student population
- Our contribution to the Oregon economy
- Lifelong learning
- Technical and professional relationships with the engineering community
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers programs in electrical and computer engineering. Cooperative educational arrangements with Portland-area industries, government agencies, and engineering consulting offices are available to qualified students. Qualified freshmen are encouraged to participate in the University Honors Program. Qualified upper-division students should consider the Electrical and Computer Engineering departmental honors track as described below.
The electrical engineering and computer engineering programs at Portland State University are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - Telephone: (410) 347-7700.
The ECE Department offers M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in a variety of Electrical and Computer Engineering technical areas. Programs are available on both a full-time and part-time basis. Many classes are offered in the late afternoons and early evenings.
Please refer to the departmental website at www.pdx.edu/ece for detailed program information.
Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) Courses