The master's program generally attracts students with undergraduate degrees in political science, but is open to students with a wide variety of disciplinary backgrounds. The program admits graduate students during the fall term. Procedures and deadlines for applications are provided on the program website (www.pdx.edu/hatfieldschool/graduate-program-in-political-science).
The following materials should be submitted through the application link found on the Graduate School's website.
- Non-refundable $65 application fee (no cash)
- One transcript from each post-secondary institution attended (both sides need to be uploaded)
- A 500 word statement of intent. The statement should address the following: 1) Professional goals; 2) Planned area of study; 3) Desired employment sector; 4) How the degree furthers achievement of your professional goals
- Two recommendation letters from individuals familiar with the applicant's academic and/or professional capabilities. Preferably, the letters should be from former instructors or from individuals with knowledge of your professional performance and potential.
- The scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Please note that you should make arrangements to take the GRE well in advance of the application deadline.
- Measles Vaccine Form
- Official TOEFL scores if the applicant does not speak English as a native language and has not received a graduate or undergraduate degree in an English-speaking territory.
- Statement of Financial Support and Declaration of Finances (if International)
- International Applicants who currently reside in the United States with an F-1 or J-1 visa must fill out the SEVIS form