School of Music & Theater
231 Lincoln Hall
- B.A., B.S. in Music: Musicology/Ethnomusicology, Music Theory, Performance, Sonic Arts & Music Production (SAMP)
- B.A., B.S. in Theater Arts
- B.M.—Composition, Jazz Studies, Music Education, and Performance
- Minor in Dance, Minor in Music, Minor in Music History, and Minor in Theater Arts
- Certificate in Dance
- M.A., M.S. in Music and Theater Arts (suspended)
- M.M.—Conducting, Jazz Studies, and Performance
The School of Music & Theater provides professional training and liberal arts-based education to a highly diverse student body. Our primary goal is to generate and sustain an environment of creative inspiration and excellence in creation, practice, and appreciation of the performing arts. Framed by the University's motto "Let Knowledge Serve the City," the School presents a wide spectrum of activities by students, faculty, and guest artists which enhance the artistic and cultural life of the city of Portland.
We offer a comprehensive array of options for emerging artists, with ten distinct undergraduate degrees including five professional options and four distinct graduate programs. Our dedicated faculty are internationally recognized performers, conductors, composers, directors, playwrights, designers, and scholars. The School embraces the dual goals of open access and outstanding achievement to produce graduates who make a significant impact in the performing arts regionally and beyond.