Graduate programs

Graduate Coordinator: S. Carlson 

The School of Music & Theater offers graduate work in music leading to the degrees of Master of Music (M.M.) in Performance, Master of Music (M.M.) in Conducting, Master of Music (M.M.) in Jazz Studies, as well as a Master of Arts in Music (M.A.) and a Master of Science in Music (M.S.). The M.A./M.S. degrees are general master’s degrees in music. Graduate students in music may also pursue recommendation for standard teaching certification. This curriculum differentiates between specialists in vocal music and instrumental music, but candidates in both areas complete a core of required courses.

Admission requirements

Music M.A./M.S. Program

Theater Arts MA MS Program

M.M. Program

Conducting MM

Jazz Studies MM

Performance MM

Theater Arts M.A./M.S. Program

Advisor: R. Wattenberg

Admission to the MA/MS in Theater Arts has been suspended effective fall 2015, and no applications are being accepted at this time.