Graduate programs

Graduate Coordinator: R. Babcock

The School of Music offers graduate work in music leading to the degrees of Master of Music (M.M.) in Performance, Master of Music (M.M.) in Conducting, Master of Music (M.M.) in Jazz Studies, as well as a Master of Arts in Music (M.A.) and a Master of Science in Music (M.S.). The M.A./M.S. degrees are general master’s degrees in music. Graduate students in music may also pursue recommendation for standard teaching certification. This curriculum differentiates between specialists in vocal music and instrumental music, but candidates in both areas complete a core of required courses.