In Oregon, a system of multiple measures is used to determine the status of program completers, who can then be recommended to the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TPSC) for licensure. One component of this system requires the educator to pass a basic skills test, subject matter tests, and a civil rights knowledge test. For information on Oregon testing requirements please refer to the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission website.

Because passing tests is required for program completion in Oregon, the state pass rate is 100%. Those who do not pass the required tests are not considered program completers and are not eligible for licensure recommendation.

Graduate Teacher Education Program

Dual Elementary Education Special Ed Licensure

Secondary Dual Educator Program (SDEP)

International Teacher Education Program

Bilingual Teacher Pathway (BTP) Program

Initial K-12 Teaching License in Library Media


ESOL/Bilingual endorsement

Library Media Endorsement

Educational Administration

Literacy Education/Reading Endorsement

School Counseling Licensing

Special Education Licensure Programs

Special Educator Initial License Program

Added Special Educator Endorsement (AddSPED)

Visually Impaired Learner Initial License or Endorsement Program

Early Intervention Special Education Initial License or Endorsement Program

Continuing Education Graduate School of Education (CE/ED)

Continuing Education Graduate School of Education (CE/ED)


CEED provides credit and noncredit professional development for PreK-12 educators, administrators, and support staff; post secondary educators and administrators; the broad spectrum of human service professionals (e.g., counselors, social workers, psychologists); and training professionals. Courses and workshops are offered on campus, at a variety of sites throughout the state, online, and by contract on-site in school districts and human service agencies. Offerings include: off-site master’s degrees; administrative licensure programs; the added elementary endorsement; part-time GTEP; educational media/librarianship endorsement, licensure and master’s; graduate certificates (graduate training in addictions and in marriage and family therapy); and a number of certificate of completion programs (e.g., training and development, instructional technology, e-learning, and differentiated instruction).