OHSU-PSU School of Public Health
Rick Johnson, Interim Dean
Karen Camp, Associate Dean for Finance and Administration
Betty Izumi, Interim Associate Dean for Student and Alumni Affairs
Marguerita Lightfoot, Associate Dean for Research
Dawn Richardson, Associate Dean for Social Justice and Interim Associate Dean for Academic and Faculty Affairs
Emily Kemmerer, Assistant Dean for Student and Alumni Affairs
Brad Wipfli, Interim Assistant Dean for Graduate Academic Affairs
Belinda Zeidler, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Academic Affairs
- B.A., B.S. —Public Health Studies, Applied Health and Fitness
- Undergraduate Certificate in Human Lactation
- Minors in Community Health, Aging Services
- Graduate Certificates in Biostatistics, Public Health
- M.S. —Biostatistics
- M.P.H. —Biostatistics, Environmental Systems and Human Health, Epidemiology, Health Management and Policy, Health Promotion, Public Health Practice (online)
- Ph.D. —Community Health, Epidemiology, Health Systems and Policy
About the School of Public Health
Two Universities With One Mission
Two of Oregon’s leading universities have joined forces to train the next generation of public health leaders. Oregon Health & Science University is known internationally for groundbreaking and life-saving research in cancer and medicine. Portland State University is a national model for community engagement and academic innovation. Together, the two universities offer unmatched opportunity for students to learn in the classroom and in real-world settings.
Promoting a healthy, equitable society
Our School of Public Health will lead in advancing a healthy, equitable society through community engagement, education, research, scholarship, and service.
Educate future public health leaders and advance public health scholarship and practice in collaboration with our communities to promote health and social equity
Uniting the cultures and resources of Oregon Health & Science University and Portland State University, the School of Public Health educates future public health leaders and advances public health scholarship through creative research, innovative educational practices, and sustained engagement with community partners.
The values of the School of Public Health guide our community-engaged education, research, scholarly, and service activates.
Promoting diversity, equity, and cultural humility in our institutions and communities.
Uniting the strengths of our two institutions through creative education, research, and sustained community engagement.
Connecting perspectives, strategies, and methods across institutions, disciplines, and communities.
Practicing ethical principles, transparency, and empathy.
Advancing health, justice, and social equity in our city, state, and the world.
- Prepare, support, and advance the present and future public health workforce.
- Scholarship & Creative Activity
- Create knowledge that drives action through exploration, translation, and implementation.
- Community Engagement